Connect your custom domain in Checkout X
First, you need to select and connect your custom domain name at Checkout X. For this purpose, follow the steps below:
Log in to your Checkout X account and from the main menu go to Configuration > Custom Domain. On the Custom Domain page, you will see the current domain of your page.
Select your preferred custom checkout domain name. Here are examples you could use: “checkout” or “payment”. This custom domain name will be visible to your customers.
Then, click on Connect Domain
1. Open your domain provider and go to your DNS settings
Follow the steps to find your DNS Settings in GoDaddy:
1. Sign in to your GoDaddy account.
2. Go to Domain Manager > Domains dropdown menu > All Domains
3. Find and select the domain name of your store
4. In the Domain Settings page, scroll down to the bottom, and in the Additional Settings section select Manage DNS.
2. Create a DNS CNAME Record
On the DNS Management page > Records section, click on ADD to create a new DNS CNAME record.
In the Type dropdown select CNAME.
Go back to Checkout X and copy the Host/Name information. Then, paste it in the field Host in GoDaddy.
Go back to Checkout X once more > copy the Points to information > paste it in the field Points to in GoDaddy.
In the TTL field select the preferred time (here it is left on the default 1 hour).
Click on Save.
Go back to Checkout X and click on Verify domain
Domain Verification at Checkout X
Once you create a DNS CNAME record in GoDaddy and submit the domain verification at Checkout X, we will send you an email to notify you if your custom domain is set up successfully. Please, note that this process could take up to 12 hours.