How does it work?
Create an automatic discount that will be applied to the order price on checkout and that could increase the sales of a chosen product in your shop. The discount could be added based on the minimum amount or quantity of a specific product reached in the cart.
Example 1: Add 2 pairs of jeans and one t-shirt to the cart, and get the t-shirt with a 50% discount on checkout.
Example 2: Add 3 pairs of jeans and one t-shirt to the cart, and get the t-shirt for FREE.
Note: Both products need to be already added to the cart to make the discount work. The discounted product won’t appear by itself on the checkout page.
How can I set up this discount?
Structure of the discount setup:
- Discount title field - where you add the actual discount code which will be visible for the customers
- Active dates field - the start/end date and time when the discount will be available to be used
- Discount type section - select if you want to create a “Buy X get Y”, “Percentage”, “Fixed amount” or a “Free Shipping” discount.
- “Discount applies when” section - choose the quantity/amount the customer needs to add to their cart and select the items
- “Customer will get” section - choose the discounted amount of the product that the customer will take advantage of
- Additional options section - set a maximum discount usage per order to restrict the discount
- Summary section - shows you how your discount will look like and work once created in Checkout X.
- Performance - shows you how many people used the discount
Log in to your Checkout X account, then follow these steps:
1. Go to Automatic discounts.
2. Select Create an automatic discount.
3. Add your Discount title. Keep in mind that the customers will see this title at your checkout.
Optional step: Set maximum discount usage. This way, there will be a limited number of people that could be able to use the discount. When the number of users reaches the limit, the discount will disable automatically.
4. Add a starting/ending date and time
5. Choose the “Buy X get Y” discount type
6. Choose the discount application criteria - the customer buys any of the following products (the X product) and you need to set up the minimum amount or quantity of these products reached on checkout. Here you can add only specific products or a whole collection.
- Minimum amount reached in cart - once a certain product amount reaches the cart, the discount will be applied automatically on the second product (the Y product) that is already added and the customer will get the discount on it
- Minimum quantity reached in cart - once a certain product quantity reaches the cart, the discount will be applied automatically on the second product (the Y product) that is already added and the customer will get the discount on it
- Choose the X product that the customer needs to buy - add the specific product or choose a whole collection that will be triggered. You can also edit the available item variants for the discount.
7. Choose what the customer will get - the customer will add any of the chosen items in their cart to take advantage of the discount. The customer will get the items at a discounted value based on the option you choose:
- Free - apply the discount automatically and get the item for free
- Percentage discount - add a percentage value and get the item with an automatic percentage discount (e.g. 20%). Then, choose how many items you want the discount to apply for. (e.g. the customer will get the discount on only 1 item).
- Choose the Y product that the customer gets a discount for - add the specific product or choose a whole collection that will be triggered by the discount. You can also edit the available item variants for the discount.
Note: The discount will be applied only on the items you select in this section and only when they are already added to the cart.
Additional options: Set maximum number of uses per order.
Example: If the customer buys 100 pairs of jeans, you won’t probably want them to get that many t-shirts with discounts. With this option, you can set a usage limit per order of the discount.
This section summarizes the information about the setup of your discount. It contains the following fields:
- Discount type
- Discount amount
- Discount setup
- Active dates
❓ FAQ ❓
🙋 How many Buy X get Y discounts can I create?
You can create as many as you want to!
🙋 If I have more than 1 automatic discount, which one will appear on the checkout?
If two automatic discounts are applicable, the one with the best value for the customer will be activated on the checkout page.