How does it work?
Create an automatic discount that has a certain percentage applied on checkout.
Example: Buy 3 t-shirts and get 40% off of the entire order.
How can I set up this discount?
Structure of the discount setup:
- Discount title field - where you add the actual discount code which will be visible for the customers
- Active dates field - the start/end date and time when the discount will be available to be used
- Discount type section - select if you want to create a “Buy X get Y”, “Percentage”, “Fixed amount” or a “Free Shipping” discount.
- Discount setup section - add a discount value and choose the discount application criteria
- Discount applies on section - choose if you want to apply the discount on the entire order or specific products and collections.
- Summary section - shows you how your discount will look like and work once created in Checkout X.
Log in to your Checkout X account, then follow these steps:
1. Go to Automatic discounts.
2. Select Create an automatic discount.
3. Add your Discount title. Keep in mind that the customers will see this title at your checkout.
Optional step: Set maximum discount usage. This way, there will be a limited number of people that could be able to use the discount. When the number of users reaches the limit, the discount will disable automatically.
4. Add a starting/ending date and time
5. Choose “Percentage” discount type
6. Set up the discount
- Choose the discount value - add the percentage amount of the discount (e.g. 40%)
7. Choose the discount application criteria
- None - the discount will be always applied on checkout
- Minimum amount reached in cart - once a certain product amount reaches the cart, the discount will be applied automatically
- Minimum quantity reached in cart - once a certain product quantity reaches the cart, the discount will be applied automatically
8. Apply the discount on
- Entire order - the discount will be applied to the total price of the entire order
- Specific product and collections - select specific items that the customer will get a discount for. You could also choose the specific variants of the product that the discount will be applied to.
This section summarizes the information about the setup of your discount. It contains the following fields:
- Discount type
- Discount setup - here you will see the discount value
- Discount applies on - entire order or specific products and collections
- Active dates
❓ FAQ ❓
🙋 How many percentage amount discounts can I create?
You can create as many as you want to!
🙋 If I have more than 1 automatic discount, which one will appear on the checkout?
If two automatic discounts are applicable, the one with the best value for the customer will be activated on the checkout page.