How does it work?
You can integrate Google Analytics with Checkout X to track return on investment (ROI) for your online marketing and make data-backed decisions. Google Analytics has a dedicated section for Ecommerce with valuable information such as Conversion rate, Average order Value, and quantity of products sold. Also, the integration works on top of Shopify.
How can I set up the integration?
Activate "Enhanced measurement" and find your “Measurement ID” in your Google Analytics account, following these steps:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account.
- Go to Admin.
- While using the proper Account and Property, go to Setup Assistant.
- Open Data Streams.
- Choose the Web platform.
- Set up your webstream by adding the website URL and name.
- Enable Enhanced measurement.
- Make sure you are measuring all types of interactions on the website.
- Click on Create Stream. Once the stream is created, you will see your Measurement ID.
Add your Measurement ID at Checkout X, following these steps:
- Copy your Measurement ID.
- Log in to your Checkout X account.
- Go to Configuration > Integrations.
- Find the Google Analytics section and click on the arrow to show the field.
- Paste the Measurement ID in the field
- Click Save Changes
Note: Google Analytics has updated its dashboard. However, it is possible to still see the old version of the dashboard in your account.
Connect Google Analytics to your Shopify Store
If your Measurement ID looks like this “UA-xxx-x”, then you can add it by following these steps:
- Copy the “UA-xxx-x” ID
- Open your Shopify Store.
- Go to Online Store in the Sales Channel section.
- Select Preferences.
- Find the Google Analytics field.
- Paste the ID there.
- Click Save.
However, if your Measurement ID looks like this “G-xxxxxxxxxx”, then you need to know that you won’t be able to activate Google Analytics the same way on your Shopify store. You will need to add a script manually in your store’s theme, by following these steps:
- From Google Analytics > Web Stream details, select Global Site Tag
- Copy the script
- Open your Shopify store
- Click on Online Store in the Sales Channels section.
- Go to Themes.
- Click on Actions and select Edit code.
- Open theme.liquid.
- Find the closing </head> tag and paste the script just before it.
- Click Save.
❓ FAQ ❓
🙋 Why do I have more orders than were tracked?
The reason for this is because it is not possible post-purchase upsells to be tracked from Google Analytics. Once a customer orders a product + an upsell product, Shopify creates two separate orders in the platform. However, Checkout X tracks them as one order. We will provide the option to merge orders in Shopify in the near future.