What is the “address number” and how does it work?
You already have an address field on the checkout page and the address number is the unique number of a street. You could choose to make it mandatory if you want your customers to add their address number in this field when they checkout.
Note: A warning message will be displayed if you make the address number mandatory but the customer doesn’t provide the address number in the field and they will not be able to complete their purchase.
How can I make the address number mandatory on the address field of the Shipping details section?
- Login to your Checkout X account
- Click on Configuration.
- Go to Customize Checkout.
- Scroll down and find Require an address number in the address field.
- Check the box if you want to make the address number mandatory.
- Don’t forget to click Save Checkout.
❓ FAQ ❓
🙋 What will happen if I uncheck the address number box but the customer adds their street/apartment number?
While it is not mandatory anymore, it is still possible to add an address number in the address field. So when checking out your order you will receive your customer address/apartment number as well.